Monday, June 25, 2007

Stronzi

C'mon, at least tell me wether you're someone I actually know or a random who's somehow found this site somewhere. Please? I just want to know.
Anyways, I have a problem. I seem to have a sign posted on my forehead that says 'Hi, if you're an asshole please hit on me, constantly, nomatter how many times I tell you to leave me alone. After a while I'm sure to change my mind. If you're a perfectly nice guy then leave me the hell alone'. Or at least that's the only explanation for why I seem to be attractiung so many stronzi (a stronzo is a guy who dresses kind of metro, lots of gel in the hair, maybe a facial peircing or two, occasionally a druggie and allways it seems, an asshole. There isn't really a word for them in English) seem to be attracted to me. Seriously, they do not leave me alone! And it would be ok except the nice, well dressed attractive Italian guys? Don't give me the time of day.
I had a theory for a while that it was because no nice guy would consider dating a girl who barelly speaks their language, while an asshole would find it a plus, but that doesn't make sense anymore because they start hitting on me before they know I don't speak a whole lot of Italian. Then when I say 'Sorry, I didn't understand you, I don't speak much Italian, you must speak slowly' or 'Scusa, non ho capito, non parlo tanto italiano, devi parlare piano', whichever, they get this 'Oh sweet!' look on their faces and don't leave me alone for the rest of the night.
So yeah, that's my main problem at the moment. That and I need to try and figure out an excuse to start a conversation with the cute bartender that works Sundays at our hangout bar. (W have a hangout bar! Isn't that neat?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel.I am not a random,thats all I can say,remember I am anonymous,so if I tell you who I am that would blow my cover,right? Do you wear much black?as in my experience I have found those kind of guys seem to go for dark clothing.(yes I am female) You could try changing your colours if so, and see if that helps.If you do like wearing a lot of black sometimes a bright coloured scarf or accesories can keep them at bay.At least you sound like you know who to stay clear of.Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Oh and the cute bartender guy, you could strike up conversation of the problem thing with the "stronzi" thing and ask his help.As isnt that what bartenders do.You know the old pour your heart out to the bartender (it is im sure part of his job)Dont be intoxicated though as then you can run the risk of blowing it.Good luck again.