Friday, July 13, 2007

Ubriaca

Hello friends! I'm in Spotorno now, lovely little tourist town with the world's shittiest cinema but thankfully an internet cafe. That's where I am now.
Anyways, everything's going good. The group I hang out with is cool, except for one chick who has interpretted 'doesn't speak Italian' as 'retarded' and therefore talks to me like I'm 5 and teases me about using too much lip balm. One time she was talking to someone else about how she think's I'm so weird because I don't talk much (maybe because I CAN'T! Duh!) and I don't wear brandname clothes (most of the group are from Lake Como where fashion is everything so I'm somwhat of an oddity) and I was like 'Um, I can hear you. And understand you) and she laughed and kept on talking. Really don't like her. Nobody else does either because she's one of those 'What? Other people have needs and feelings? Since when?' types. I like to insult her in English. Fun times.
Sigh, it feels good to bitch.
There's a guy I have crush on too cept I'm gonna have to give up on that because a) he has a girlfriend and b) I tink he views me with either indifference or annoyance. Either way, not gonna happen.
So yeah, it's a good group, we get along good. There was an awkward patch after a teeny little incident that started with a bottle of vodka, wound it's way through yelling at Marco that I thought he was hot (can't remember which language it was in) vomiting and unconciousness and ended with hospitalization (I have learnt me lesson and I promise it will never happen again) but everything's OK now.
Oh, one last thing. Yesterday we went to Caravelle, which is this water park. And I overheard two seperate groups of people speaking English. First time in many many months if you don't count over the phone. First group were a rather fat American family in front of us in line. I spent a blissful 5 minutes or so listening to one of them talk about how something or other kicked as. It's been so long since I heard the phrase 'kicked ass'. Then at the train station I overheard someone say 'Oh my god, you are such a bogan'... with an Australian accent! First Australians I've encounted since I got here! (not counting the other exchange students I came with) I had to restrain myself from running after them squealing 'My people! My people!'
So yeah, didn't realise how much I've missed the English language until then. When I get back I'm going to be staring around me all 'Oh my god, I can understand what everyone's saying! I can eavesdrop! This is mental!'

One last thing. My grammar is so bad. So so bad. I sound retarded. When I get back I'm going to sound so stupid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear all is going well.Sounds like you have made some nice friends. Ispose there is always one though but Im sure that one girl will run out of stuff to jabber,and anyway people like that, it only reflects badly on their character,so you go girl.

Anonymous said...

Hi to you Rachel, are you still going to do more updates while in Sportono? Or is there not enough happening.I have been checking for updates and must say I do like to read about whats news even if its not that exciting to you, as I do enjoy your candid style of writing.You always make things sound intresting and humourous.Hope all is good for you.